It’s not cool to wear Native American headdresses but moccasins are fine. Moccasin is the Algonquian Indian word for shoe and shoes are for everyone while the headdress are for spiritual purposes. For fall 2014, one of the emerging shoe trends for guys is moccasin boots for men. These moccasin-inspired high tops have rubber soles and usually leather uppers so are an ideal choice for fall and winter weather.
There are a range of reinterpretations of the moccasin from the best-selling iconic Redwing Moc Toe to the dominating moccasin brand Minnetonka’s chukka style moccasin boot. Check out some of our favorite moccasin boots for men.
- Trask Canyon – Also available in navy with plaid wool and natural leather with camo waxed canvas.
- OluKai Hapalua – Rugged and weather-resistant combination of lightly waxed leather and crushed waxed suede.
- Cole Haan Lunargrand Moc Chuk – With contrasting Nike Lunar sole.
- Red Wing ‘875’ Moc Toe Boot – This U-shaped moc toe leather upper with white crepe sole is one of the oldest, best-selling, and iconic boot style for the Red Wing brand.
- Minnetonka Camp Chukka Boot – Limited edition issue of a classic shoe in suede with sheepskin lining.