It’s that time of year again. Looking for gifts for people in your life who probably don’t need anything. That means presents should be about wants, not needs, and focus on giving pleasure and a little bit of indulgence. Guys can be especially difficult to shop for but check out these gifts for men 2014 to find Christmas and Hanukkah scores that don’t need a gift receipt.
A good rule of thumb for gift giving is to a nicer version of something someone already enjoys. A high quality alcohol or specialty craft beer are excellent options. There are lots of limited edition seasonal releases to take advantage of or just find a higher quality bourbon, whiskey, or tequila. Talk to the experts at your local liquor store for recommendations.
If you can track down some of the rare, limited edition Pappy Van Winkle bourbon, do it. Wine Enthusiast Magazine awarded the 20-year old “Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve” a 99-point rating.
Booze-Related and Whiskey Gifts
- Whisky Wedge – For the gentleman who prefers his whiskey on the rocks.
- Homemade Gin Kit – Transforms vodka into gin in 36 hours.
- Wood and Nail Bottle Opener – Rustic design with a magnet that catches the cap and attaches the opener to the fridge.
- Glencairn Scotch Whisky Glass – First whiskey glass endorsed by the Scotch Whisky Association.
- Age Your Own Whiskey Kit – The easiest kind of DIY – just pour and wait.
- Mr. Beer Premium Gold Edition Home Brewing Craft Beer Kit – An economical and easy introduction to home brewing.
The latest research recommends buying experiences, not things. Think of gifts that make memories like race car driving, flight school, white water rafting, sailing, or the best tickets you can afford to a concert or sporting event.
Tracking steps, heart rate, sleep and more is a motivational tool for people embracing health and fitness. That being said, don’t but this for someone as a “subtle” hint to loose weight. There are lots of fitness trackers available, each with varying focuses or strengths so think about what the recipient is most interested. These are some of the top fitness trackers available right now.
- Garmin Vivosmart – Fitness band that provides the notifications of a smartwatch that let you know when you have calls, texts, and more.
- FitBit One -Some men are not interested in the bracelet style fitness trackers. Enter the FitBit One, a USB drive size device that clips onto a pocket or belt for stealth activity monitoring.
- Jawbone Up3 – Jawbone’s newest release tracks your activity night and day for a comprehensive picture of health and fitness.
These are all excellent choices but there are also some releases worth waiting for. In 2015 look for the Glassy Pro for surfing, the MOOV with 3D motion sensors that gives feedback for running, walking, boxing, and cycling workouts, and of course the iWatch.
- State Cutting Board – Buy it alone or as part of the Sweet and Savory Cheese Box. You can also customize each board with initials, icons, and special order custom boards.
- Richwood Creations ‘State Silhouette’ Coasters – Great selection of cities to choose from.
- City Map Glasses
- Neighborhood Map Coasters
Major cities are represented on-line, check out local stores for similar products for your city. With laser printers, these products are easy to customize and local options be available.
- Nirvana Nevermind LP – A re-issue of the 1991 world changing album is a must have for every record lovers collection.
- Concert or Festival Tickets – Check out the upcoming event calendar and buy tickets or an IOU for the next must see event.
- Adfilic Portable Bluetooth Speaker – So portable, so cheap, so much bass thanks to bass booster and subwoofer effect plus built-in speakerphone and microphone for receiving calls.
- Panasonic RP-HTX7-G1 Monitor Headphones – With cool vintage style and a range of color options, these over-the-ear headphones have the best sound quality for the money.
One of the many wonderful things about the age of the Internet is that you can order anything. There are range of subscription services available that will continue to delight long after Christmas is over.
- Taster’s Club – Monthly whiskey, bourbon, or scotch plus course materials to make you an expert. Also available for rum and tequila.
- Bacon Club – Recommended by Michael Symon, Mario Batali, Bobby Flay and a growing number of former vegetarians.
- Mantry – “The modern man’s pantry” with artisanal finds from across the USA like Alabama BBQ sauce and Montana bison jerky.
When you’re kid, getting soap as a gift would be downright insulting but as an adult it’s a treat to be indulged in the finest grooming products available. These are excellent gift options for guys who have everything as well as image conscious gents.
- The Art of Shaving Unscented Initiation Kit – For the clean shaven.
- Tom Ford ‘Oud Wood’ Bar Soap – This soap has a unique, rugged, outdoor scent that is more subtle than cologne.
- Kiehl’s Since 1851 Men’s Starter Kit – A little bit of everything.
- Billy Jealousy ‘Beard Envy’ Kit – For the bearded man in your life.
- Herschel Supply Co. ‘Chapter Buffalo’ Toiletry Kit – A cool kit to carry all those grooming supplies.
A wallet isn’t a boring gift when it’s a really cool wallet. The big trend in wallets these days is slim profiles so look for something sleek and without a coin pocket.
- Stitch & Locke Slide Wallet – Made of cork, this minimal wallet is functional, lightweight, resilient and eco-friendly.
- M.R.K.T. Diego Wallet – Designed by a Harvard architect, this wool wallet combines form and function.
- Bellroy ‘Hide And Seek’ Wallet – Another beauty from the company that practically invented the minimal wallet.