It’s not just slim shorts that are stylish and flattering. The beach version of baggy cargos are board shorts. Here are a few reasons not to wear them.
No Mesh – They are just shorts without support.
Too Baggy – They keep getting looser which doesn’t look good or work well for swimming.
No Elastic – The drawstring waistband doesn’t fit as tight as an elastic waist plus a drawstring does.
Instead, go for the classic swim trunk. They are more stylish, supportive, and swim ready. Look for styles that hit above the knee or even mid thigh. Like all men’s swim trunks, you can choose from solid colors, simple patterns or bold designs.
Check out a few of our picks for men’s swim shorts 2015. Some have a longer inseam and land closer to the knee while the short swim trunks have about a 5″ inseam and hit mid thigh. Magnum PI looked great in his short shorts and so can you.
- Penguin Seersucker Volley Swim – Tailored like a men’s pant but created for swimming.
- Vilebrequin ‘Moorea’ Pineapple Print Swim Trunks – These 5 1/2″ inseam trunks have a back pocket and waterproof stash bag. Check out more of the brand for wild and amusing prints.
- Uniqlo Swim Active Shorts – Features include pockets don’t retain water plus a hook for your keys plus lots of colors to choose from.
- TopMan Cut and Sew Swim Shorts – Also available in many many more cool 90s inspired patterns and of course solids.
- River Island Dip Dye Swim Shorts – Combining comfort, style and stand out from the crowd design.
- Lacoste Poplin Geometric Printed Swim Short 5″ – Or go even shorter with these Lacoste 4″ swim trunks.