There are two places that make the best raincoats. First, trust anything British from London Fog to Barbour to keep the elements at bay in style. Alternatively, go to a trusted sporting brand, especially those from the West Coast, for waterproof shells that are comfortable and frequently stylish.
Get ready for spring showers with this raincoats for men round up featuring styles that work for business casual, active lifestyles, and the fashion forward.
Classic and Formal Raincoats
1. Jack Spade ‘Waxwear’ Water Resistant Waxed Canvas Trench Coat – This investment piece is a classic trench with a modern slim fit. The water-resistant waxed-canvas develops a stylish patina that looks even better with time and wear.
2. Barbour Ouston Waxed Jacket – Inspired by the 1950s motorcycle racing jackets, the coat is slim cut like the originals. Instead of leather, the raincoat is constructed out of Barbour’s signature 4 oz.-weight Sylkoil waxed moisture-repelling and wind-breaking cotton.
3. Hugo Boss ‘The Donal’ Raincoat – Fit, style and performance.
Ready for a Downpour
4. Rains Blue Long Waterproof Jacket – Rains is a Danish rainwear manufacturer that produces high quality products with timeless and original designs. This navy trench is stylish enough for the city but tough enough to go work on a fishing boat.
5. Arc’teryx Alpha SV Jacket – Made of 3-layer Goretex, this jacket will provide years of guaranteed waterproof breathable service, even under the harshest conditions. Wear it around town or any outdoor activity from climbing to skiing.
6. Columbia Watertight II Rain Jacket – If you’re looking for functionality and portability on a budget, get this raincoat. It packs into it’s own pocket so is perfect for travel or to keep in your bag for unexpected precipitation. Available in 8 colors.
Cool and Retro
7. The North Face 1985 Mountain Jacket – This throwback style is available in retro teal colorblock as well as yellow, purple, bright blue, dark blue, and moss green.
8. Penfield Overhead Jacket with Contrast – The over-the-head with a big pocket at the front style is back. With a long zipper, you won’t mess up your hair.
9. Zara Nylon Jacket – Another nineties style, this nylon jacket features a subtle geometric print.